Wednesday 12 February 2014

Cheating on Chick Peas- White Kidney Bean Hummus

Why use just chick peas to make hummus? There are plenty of other yummy legumes out there for us to experiment with! In fact, each "legume family" has pretty distinct textures, flavours and there are plenty of popular cultural dishes that involve them. Branch out! Mix it up! Swap out that regular bean you've always used in a recipe and try another variety! You (probably) will love the result!


I've never been a huge fan of kidney beans. I think it has something to do with their weird mushy texture that they usually have when they come right from the can- ewwww. But I have finally found a use for them that actually utilizes the very think I hate about them- HUMMUS. YUM. It's a great spread, snack and constantly tests my self-control since I have to keep myself from eating the entire amount once it's made. Enjoy :)



Cookin' Tunes:
When My Heart Is Torn Asunder (Phil Wickham)
Somebody's Baby (Jon Foreman)
Start of Something Good (Daughtry)
I Will Learn to Love Again (Kaci) <-- You must dance to this one


White Kidney Bean Hummus



1 can white kidney beans
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
pepper taste
optional additions: add plain regular or Greek yogurt

1. Drain and rinse the kidney beans- this get’s rid of all that pesky can juice and the extra salt it has in it (ain’t no body got time for that!)
2. Add all the ingredients to a high powered blender and gradually increase speed until at maximum. Blend until smooth.
3. Serve and Enjoy!


**Serve with pita, or carrots, or put on your next sandwich!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...