Sunday 20 August 2017

Simply Greek Salad

The past few months I've begun a whole new phase of my life: surgical residency.

DAH DAH DAHHHH.

But not really. It's more: WOOHOO mixed with sheer terror.

Each day I just want to put in 100%, learn all I can and grow a little bit closer to becoming  an amazing surgeon that can change the lives of people around the world.



Needless to say, I'm strapped for spare time and cooking is taking a major back seat. Honestly, nutrition in general has been a struggle. Granola bars and packaged foods are easily accessible and I know that they're gluten free. Buying healthy food in the hospital that is gluten free, is not only hard to find but hard to do on any kind of budget.

This week, I'm trying to do some meal prep to at least decrease the amount of empty calories I'm taking in and replace them with things that are filling AND good for me. The struggleeeee.

I was inspired by a fellow resident that does a similar thing when she can and by my recent trip to Greece. Colourful. Delicious. Quick. Packed with nutrition. Plus, no lettuce because that stuff always wilts during the day!

Bonus? I got some organic home-grown heirloom tomatoes to use. BOOYAH.






Simply Greek Salad





1 can chopped black olives
15-20 sliced cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup light feta cheese
1 small spanish onion
1 tbsp oregnao
1 tbsp ground corriander
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried mint

Mix all ingredients. Divide into containers for the week and place with the rest of your meal prep!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...