Sunday 5 October 2014

Spicy Pumpkin Latte

I love fall.
I love the colours.
I love the temperature.
I love it.

Also, because it marks the "almost Christmas season" :)

People seem to go CRAZY for pumpkin in the fall. I mean it's because they're widely available but I think I'm one of those people that could have yummy pumpkin things all year!

I like pumpkin lattes too. I have pumpkin flavoured drip coffee and when I'm in the mood for something with a little more substance, I step it up a few notches and make my coffee into a latte.

BUT HOW ON EARTH DO YOU DO THAT AT HOME?! O MY GOSH, PRO COFFEE PLACES ARE THE ONLY ONES IN THE WORLD WHO CAN MAKE THEM!?!?

RIGHT?!?!

Wrong. In fact, one of my favourite cooking websites, thekitchn.com has a GREAT recipe. I've adapted it slightly but let it be known that this recipe is not own! They've created something yummy and cheaper and more satisfying than one I'd get out. Less fake crap in there and more real awesomeness.

You can find the original recipe here.

This is my adapted version.

Cookin' Tunes:
All I Need is You [Lecrae]
Gravity [Alex and Sierra]
I Love You [Alex and Sierra]

Spicy Pumpkin Latte



3 tablespoons Canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
1 large tablespoon Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoons Pure vanilla extract
1 cup Unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup strongly brewed black coffee


1. Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and black pepper into a pan. Heat for about 2-3 minutes to help deepen the flavour of the pumpkin.
2. Add the date syrup and vanilla. Continue stirring.
3.  Add almond milk and whisk it all together as it continues to heat.
4. Using a hand-held emulsion blender, blend the hot mixture. I find that this foams the milk and nicely combines everything together.
5. Add the coffee to a large mug
6. Pour the hot pumpkin mixture over top, holding the foam back until the last second and then it can be poured onto the top
7. Finish with pumpkin spice, freshly grated nutmeg or cinnamon! 
8. Savour the money that you saved and the satisfaction of making your very own latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...